Sunday, January 24, 2010
Twitter users respond to Jason Ivler’s arrest
The two-month hunt for Jason Ivler, the prime suspect in the murder of Renato Ebarle, Jr., came to an end yesterday morning. During a search conducted by National Bureau of Investigation operatives, Ivler was discovered and detained in his mother’s Quezon City home, but not before a tense shootout with the police. The clash left two police officers injured and Ivler with two gunshot wounds. On the web, we asked for your reactions on Ivler's arrest. Compassion and justice Some showed compassionate towards Ivler, including @briandavidz who tweeted, “Was it just me, or was the operation mishandled?" In a similar vein, @hellohellocarlo commented, "How inhumane what they did to Ivler, they should have not dragged him in handcuffs." He continued, “they already had Ivler walking, they should have just placed him in a police car calmly.” But most were thankful that Ivler was caught and justice was served. Keeping his message simple, @atalyer tweeted "Face the music, Ivler." Meanwhile, @lenskiecruz pointed out Ivler's illegal possession of a gun during the gun ban period preceding May's elections. And @jetboyboogie thinks Ivler has been watching too many movies to think that he could win in a shootout with the police. A case of mistaken identity Still others remembered another Jason Aguilar, who was mistakenly detained and deported from Qatar. @chebaldemor remarked, "I hope this is the right guy this time." Coming to Aguilar’s defense, @nerveending noted, "Ivler and his mom must also be held liable for Jason Aguilar's deportation and job loss." Maternal love Jason Ivler’s mother, Marlene Aguilar, who has been charged with obstruction of justice didn't get off so easy either. @bluearden tweeted, "While I don't question maternal love, it's disconcerting to know that Iivler's mom kept her fugitive son and armed him with an armalite." Providing a @alanagrao said, "A mother will always be a mother; but a good mother is somebody who will not tolerate the wrongdoings of her child." And @whilyn exclaimed, "Shame on his mother! We expect mothers to love their sons, but to that extent?!" Kudos to capturing the culprit and the footage But despite some questions about how the NBI handled the situation, tweeters like @onewit and @akosigodz praised their efforts. @one-wit added that he hoped the bureau would apply the same dedication and passion to other cases. The cameramen who braved the gunfire to capture footage of the action also received accolades from tweeters. "Kudos to the brave cameraman who maintained focus and kept camera rolling despite the gunfire," tweeted @dailymanila . Awaiting his day in court Jason Ivler is now in stable condition at the Quirino Memorial Medical Center. However, as he awaits his day in court, it seems that netizens have already given their verdict.
- ► 2011 (127)
- PCOS field test fails
- Critics dampen hype over Apple's iPad
- Review of automation software to start February
- What unified communications can do for your busine...
- Poll machine fails test after Comelec uses defecti...
- Why old media loves Apple's newest thing
- Books on iPad Offer Publishers a Pricing Edge
- Mobile Habits Changing As Smartphones Go Mass Mark...
- Giving Mobile Ads a Makeover
- Apple's Jobs unveils new tablet computer, the iPad...
- FIRST HYBRID NOTEBOOK/TABLET: THE LENOVO IDEAPAD U...
- Twitter to hold 'Chirp,' first conference for deve...
- Palace allows Schutzengel Telecom congressional fr...
- Philippines Has the 12th Most Number of Twitter Us...
- Globe unit secures govt nod to expand remittance s...
- Broadband speeds seen to grow tenfold
- Ongpin-owned telecom bags permanent permit
- Sun Cellular posts 10-million subscriber count in ...
- People don't have to rely just on Twitter, Google ...
- Twitter cuts feature on site over security flaw
- Anti-child-porn, anti-cyber-boso laws could lead t...
- Twitter users respond to Jason Ivler’s arrest
- Tablet PCs
- Attacks from file-sharing networks to escalate
- 43,000 flying voters ere discovered because of AFI...
- Mayen Austria, Jason Ivler top local Google search...
- Twitter has begun rolling out location-based trend...
- Low-tech radios connect some Haitians
- 2010: Innovation or interruption?
- Click Fraud Gets More Elaborate with 'Real' Purcha...
- YouTube streamlines its video-viewing page
- Your Cell Phone Is A Homing Beacon
- Nokia Phones Offering Free GPS for 74 Countries
- Cybercrime shakes up trust in Facebook, Friendster...
- Wednesday whales take down Twitter
- YouTube getting into movie rental business
- 'Sikat,' RP's second solar car, embarks on nationw...
- Bayan Broadband offers EVDO at Php699
- Sun Easy Postpaid
- Globe SUPER-UNLI
- CEA Advances Mobile DTV Through Plugfest
- SANYO Introduces World’s Slimmestand Lightest Xac...
- SANYO Announces the World’s Smallest, Lightest, an...
- Samsung Launches New Slim External DVD Writer for ...
- One PC, Two Devices: Lenovo Reveals the Industry’s...
- TV Programming in Real Time on Your Cell?
- Glide Launches Google Chrome Browser OS at the Con...
- BlackBerry Bold 9000 Specifications
- BlackBerry Curve 8900 Specifications
- BlackBerry Storm 9500 Specifications
- BlackBerry Pearl 8120 Specifications
- BlackBerry Curve 8520 Specifications
- ADVISORY TO SMART SUBSCRIBERS Per Pulse
- Sun Double Unlimited 249
- Nokia E72
- LG GD510 Pop
- bayanWIRELESS landline Voice SMS
- bayanWIRELESS landline PrePAID
- Nokia 5230
- PLDT internet@home
- GOOGLE NEXUS ONE
- Sun Cellular Call & Text Rates
- Sun Cellular Daylite Call and Text Unlimited
- Sun Cellular Regular Load
- Sun Cellular BudgeTXT
- Sun Cellular Call & Text Combo
- Sun Cellular Text Unlimited
- PLDT LANDLINE PLUS TODO DISKWENTO PLANS
- Globe DUO Prepaid
- GLOBE SUPER DUO
- Sun Double Unlimited 249!
- MODU the world’s lightest, fully loaded phone
- BOOST YOUR TATTOO SIGNAL
- GLOBE TATTOO WIFI
- GLOBE SURF ALL DAY
- GLOBE TATTOO UNLICHAT+
- GLOBE TATTOO SULITCHAT
- Globe UNLITXT ALL DAY
- GLOBE PER PULSE BILLING
- Globe TXTOTHERS 20
- Globe SULITXT 15
- Globe ImmortalCall+
- Globe IMMORTALTXT
- ▼ January (83)