"Sikat," the second solar-powered car built exclusively by Filipinos embarks on a 50-day nationwide tour covering over 20 venues today. Sikat replaces its older brother, "Sinag," and is poised to bring us to victory in the 2011 World Solar Challenge in Australia.
Sporting the same sleek look as Sinag, Sikat boasts numerous improvements that will hopefully let it best its competitors. It weighs in at 190kg, roughly 100kg lighter than Sinag, and is likely to beat the latter's top speed of 112kph. Sikat also has a new wheel configuration: The drive wheel is now located in front as opposed to Sinag's rear-wheel drive setup.
The P5-million solar car is a product of the De La Salle University backed by its partners Ford Group Philippines, Inc., Motolite Batteries, Pilipinas Shell Petroleum Corp., and Sunpower Corp.
From all of us here at Techie, we wish Sikat the best of luck!
Sikat Roadshow schedule:
12 – De La Salle University, Manila
13 – Technological University of the Philippines, Manila
14 – Reserved for the Department of Education (Makati Science High School)
15 – Reserved for the Department of Education (Quezon City Science High School)
16 to 17 – SM North
18 – Mapua Institute of Technology, Manila
23 to 24 – SM Davao
25 – Ateneo de Davao University
26 – University of Mindanao
29 – Mindanao State University (Iligan Institute of Technology)
31 – SM Cagayan de Oro
1 – Xavier University, Cagayan de Oro City
2 – University of San Carlos, Cebu City
3 – SM Cebu
6 to 7 – SM Bacolod
8 – University of St. La Salle, Bacolod City
10 – Central Philippine University, Iloilo City
11 – UP Visayas School of Technology, Iloilo City
12 – SM Iloilo
15 – SM Batangas
16 – Batangas State University, Batangas City
18 – Angeles University Foundation, Angeles City
19 – Holy Angel University, Angeles City
20 – SM Pampanga
23 – Northwestern University, Laoag City
- ► 2011 (127)
- PCOS field test fails
- Critics dampen hype over Apple's iPad
- Review of automation software to start February
- What unified communications can do for your busine...
- Poll machine fails test after Comelec uses defecti...
- Why old media loves Apple's newest thing
- Books on iPad Offer Publishers a Pricing Edge
- Mobile Habits Changing As Smartphones Go Mass Mark...
- Giving Mobile Ads a Makeover
- Apple's Jobs unveils new tablet computer, the iPad...
- FIRST HYBRID NOTEBOOK/TABLET: THE LENOVO IDEAPAD U...
- Twitter to hold 'Chirp,' first conference for deve...
- Palace allows Schutzengel Telecom congressional fr...
- Philippines Has the 12th Most Number of Twitter Us...
- Globe unit secures govt nod to expand remittance s...
- Broadband speeds seen to grow tenfold
- Ongpin-owned telecom bags permanent permit
- Sun Cellular posts 10-million subscriber count in ...
- People don't have to rely just on Twitter, Google ...
- Twitter cuts feature on site over security flaw
- Anti-child-porn, anti-cyber-boso laws could lead t...
- Twitter users respond to Jason Ivler’s arrest
- Tablet PCs
- Attacks from file-sharing networks to escalate
- 43,000 flying voters ere discovered because of AFI...
- Mayen Austria, Jason Ivler top local Google search...
- Twitter has begun rolling out location-based trend...
- Low-tech radios connect some Haitians
- 2010: Innovation or interruption?
- Click Fraud Gets More Elaborate with 'Real' Purcha...
- YouTube streamlines its video-viewing page
- Your Cell Phone Is A Homing Beacon
- Nokia Phones Offering Free GPS for 74 Countries
- Cybercrime shakes up trust in Facebook, Friendster...
- Wednesday whales take down Twitter
- YouTube getting into movie rental business
- 'Sikat,' RP's second solar car, embarks on nationw...
- Bayan Broadband offers EVDO at Php699
- Sun Easy Postpaid
- Globe SUPER-UNLI
- CEA Advances Mobile DTV Through Plugfest
- SANYO Introduces World’s Slimmestand Lightest Xac...
- SANYO Announces the World’s Smallest, Lightest, an...
- Samsung Launches New Slim External DVD Writer for ...
- One PC, Two Devices: Lenovo Reveals the Industry’s...
- TV Programming in Real Time on Your Cell?
- Glide Launches Google Chrome Browser OS at the Con...
- BlackBerry Bold 9000 Specifications
- BlackBerry Curve 8900 Specifications
- BlackBerry Storm 9500 Specifications
- BlackBerry Pearl 8120 Specifications
- BlackBerry Curve 8520 Specifications
- ADVISORY TO SMART SUBSCRIBERS Per Pulse
- Sun Double Unlimited 249
- Nokia E72
- LG GD510 Pop
- bayanWIRELESS landline Voice SMS
- bayanWIRELESS landline PrePAID
- Nokia 5230
- PLDT internet@home
- GOOGLE NEXUS ONE
- Sun Cellular Call & Text Rates
- Sun Cellular Daylite Call and Text Unlimited
- Sun Cellular Regular Load
- Sun Cellular BudgeTXT
- Sun Cellular Call & Text Combo
- Sun Cellular Text Unlimited
- PLDT LANDLINE PLUS TODO DISKWENTO PLANS
- Globe DUO Prepaid
- GLOBE SUPER DUO
- Sun Double Unlimited 249!
- MODU the world’s lightest, fully loaded phone
- BOOST YOUR TATTOO SIGNAL
- GLOBE TATTOO WIFI
- GLOBE SURF ALL DAY
- GLOBE TATTOO UNLICHAT+
- GLOBE TATTOO SULITCHAT
- Globe UNLITXT ALL DAY
- GLOBE PER PULSE BILLING
- Globe TXTOTHERS 20
- Globe SULITXT 15
- Globe ImmortalCall+
- Globe IMMORTALTXT
- ▼ January (83)