Two of the country’s biggest telecommunication companies launched separate programs recently to help jeepneys drivers augment their income and support budding entrepreneurs.
To start off, Smart Communications Inc. tied up with ACTO and OksPinoy, a homegrown mobile commerce applications provider, for rights to sell mobile phone loads directly from inside jeepneys.
Dubbed Pasada Load (“pasada” meaning driving a public vehicle for income), the newest offering from Smart is a P30 load scratch card that can be sold to mass commuters “on-the-go.”
“With the increasing fuel and toll prices, our earnings are no longer enough to meet our daily needs. We are very thankful for this opportunity to augment our income,” said Efren de Luna, president of the Association of Concerned Transport Operators (ACTO).
“As the country’s leading wireless services provider, our role is to provide various touch points for nation building. We are pleased that through this special micro entrepreneurship opportunity, we are able to promote the welfare of public utility drivers,” said Danilo Mojica, Smart Wireless consumer division head.
For its part, Globe Telecom introduced its latest machine to machine (M2M) and cloud computing services to entrepreneurs.
Cloud computing refers to centralization of administrative tasks while improving efficiency, reducing carbon footprint, improving service levels, reducing risks, costs, and work-loads.
“Globe Business has also evolved to become a solutions partner offering relevant ICT services to enterprises. We have gone beyond providing core telco services to offer consulting, security, hosting and collaboration, IT infrastructure and managed services to enterprise customers,” said Globe business head Gil Genio.
- ZTE breaks into top 5 mobile phone maker list
- Globe DUO expands coverage
- Philips introduces Philips Blade Ultra Slim LED Mo...
- Smart to offer affordable Ideos Android smartphone...
- Php1,000 Off Nokia X2-01 on January 29 Only
- From P1,200 to P999 a month until April 30 Globe S...
- IT solutions provider warns SMBs vs cyberattacks, ...
- Globe introduces M2M, cloud computing services
- Telcos launch programs for jeepney drivers, SMEs
- Globe Prepaid goes premium with the first-ever pre...
- TV5 to put up ?state-of-the-art? hub in Mandaluyon...
- Bandwidth Caps out; Is Throttling next?
- Social Networks Eclipsing SMS
- Globe to slash Unlisurf MSF to P999
- Globe offers weekend freebies for prepaid subscrib...
- Smart unli 25 call and text
- Smart Buddy FLEXI 15
- PLDT Telpad a game-changer for landline business
- ▼ January (18)