As Apple iPad owners around the United States play with their new machines, some are complaining about the Wi-Fi connectivity of the devices. An online Apple support page has received dozens of messages from iPad owners about erratic Wi-Fi service and so have other sites dedicated to Apple products such as MacRumors.com.
The extent of the problem was not immediately clear as many owners of Apple's new touchscreen tablet computer, which went on sale in the United States on Saturday, reported that their Wi-Fi reception was just fine.
"Wi-Fi reception seems weak with slow downloads," a message from "Dr. JB" said on the Apple support page devoted to comments about "Weak WiFi." "Anyone else having Wi-Fi issues?"
"Yes, I'm having the same issues," replied "Tangerine23."
"Same issue. Weak signal on the iPad, same spot iPhone works great. Very frustrating," said "prb44t."
"My signal keeps fluctuating from strong to weak, while my MacBookand iPhone show a consistent signal at the same location," said "Andrew79."
An iPad owner named Andy Murdock, however, said he was "not having any problems, wi-fi strength full power all over my house" and others also said they were getting a consistently strong signal.
Some iPad owners speculated the problem may be related to the placement of the Wi-Fi antenna on the device while others said it could be a software bug.
Apple has a help page on Wi-Fi at support.apple.com called "Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections."
The support page provides advice for iPad users who are unable to locate a Wi-Fi network, access the Internet or report weak or low Wi-Fi signal strength.
On Monday, Apple posted a notification stating that "under certain conditions, iPad may not automatically rejoin a known Wi-Fi network after restart or waking from sleep" and provided a fix for the issue.
The California-based company said Monday it sold more than 300,000 iPads in the United States on its first day of availability on Saturday.
The model that went on sale Saturday features Wi-Fi wireless connectivity, while a model offering both Wi-Fi and 3G cellular connectivity will be released in late April.
- ► 2011 (127)
- ELECTION 2010: Poll-machine test transmission FAIL...
- Globe Tattoo UnliMAIL
- German tablet PC sets out to rival Apple's iPad
- ImmortalTXT is back with Immortal text 20
- Super Surf FAQ
- Globe Super Surf (UNLIMITED SURFING)
- Comelec ?90% ready? for automated elections
- E-passport processing time doubled
- 2 voting machines malfunction in HK
- Verify Voter Registration Through the COMELEC Onli...
- Much awaited 4438 is revealed!
- Smart Red Mobile Unlimited Call Text
- SUN CELLULAR vs RED MOBILE - Who Has The Better Un...
- Sun Flexi Load 50
- Sun Broadband Wireless Plan 350 Lite
- GET THE PERFECT MIX OF CALLS & TEXTS WITH THE NEW ...
- SMART BUDDY QUICK ACCESS SIM Load Wallet
- NEW! SMART BUDDY QUICK ACCESS SIM
- iPhone OS 4.0 is now official with over 100 new fe...
- iPad owners raise Wi-Fi issues
- Text blasting tapped for good, for evil
- 2 more Nokia phones get free Ovi Maps for life
- Globe Postpaid FAQs For My Rewards My Globe (4438)...
- Globe Prepaid Mechanics For My Rewards My Globe
- visit www.facebook.com/philtechnology
- visit http://ping.fm/8l4Jp
- Filipino internet users most engaged in social med...
- Apple: Multitasking coming to the iPhone
- My Rewards, My Globe
- Globe's 4438 Points Reward System
- Smart MyTV Service gets Suspended
- Fingerprint Bankless Transaction System
- Globe 4438 Secret Decoded
- ▼ April (33)