Filipino internet users are the most engaged in social networking online, a leading online audience measurement service said Wednesday.
In a press statement, comScore said the Philippines has the highest social networking usage in the Asia-Pacificregion with more than 90% of its entire Web population visiting a social networking site during the month of February 2010, followed by Australia (89.6% penetration) and Indonesia (88.6% penetration).
"Social networkers in the Philippines also showed the highest level of engagement on social networking sites averaging 5.5 hours per visitor in February, with visitors frequenting the social networking category an average of 26 times during the month," the comScore statement said citing its latest report on social networking activity in the region.
"Strong engagement was also exhibited by Internet users in Indonesia (5.4 hours per visitor and 22 visits per visitor), Australia (3.8 hours per visitor and 20 visits per visitor) and Malaysia (nearly 3.8 hours per visitor and 22 visits per visitor)," the statement added.
Seven Asia-Pacific markets where Facebook is No. 1:
* New Zealand
* Hong Kong
On average, 50.8 % of the total online population in the region visited a social networking site in February 2010, equivalent to a total of 240.3 million visitors.
Facebook.com, meanwhile is the top social networking site 7 Asia-Pacific markets, including the Philippines.
"Local players led in Japan (Mixi.jp) and South Korea (CyWorld), while Google-owned Orkut ranked as the top social networking site in India and Yahoo!’s Wretch.cc led in Taiwan," the statement said.
"While social networking continues to be one of the most popular and fastest growing Web activities in the world, its dynamics in the Asia-Pacific region exhibit significantly more individual market differentiation than in other global regions," comScore executive vice president for Asia Pacific Will Hodgman said.
"In some markets, such as the Philippines, Australia and Indonesia, social networking is one of the most popular Web activities reaching nearly 90 percent of the entire Internet population, while other markets report less PC-based social networking penetration, which can often be attributed to the high propensity to engage in social networking via mobile devices in these markets," it added.
comScore, Inc. is a global leader in measuring the digital world and preferred source of digital marketing intelligence.
The report is based on data from comScore's World Metrix service.
The countries included in the report are Philippines, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, India, South Korea, Vietnam, and Japan.
- ► 2011 (127)
- ELECTION 2010: Poll-machine test transmission FAIL...
- Globe Tattoo UnliMAIL
- German tablet PC sets out to rival Apple's iPad
- ImmortalTXT is back with Immortal text 20
- Super Surf FAQ
- Globe Super Surf (UNLIMITED SURFING)
- Comelec ?90% ready? for automated elections
- E-passport processing time doubled
- 2 voting machines malfunction in HK
- Verify Voter Registration Through the COMELEC Onli...
- Much awaited 4438 is revealed!
- Smart Red Mobile Unlimited Call Text
- SUN CELLULAR vs RED MOBILE - Who Has The Better Un...
- Sun Flexi Load 50
- Sun Broadband Wireless Plan 350 Lite
- GET THE PERFECT MIX OF CALLS & TEXTS WITH THE NEW ...
- SMART BUDDY QUICK ACCESS SIM Load Wallet
- NEW! SMART BUDDY QUICK ACCESS SIM
- iPhone OS 4.0 is now official with over 100 new fe...
- iPad owners raise Wi-Fi issues
- Text blasting tapped for good, for evil
- 2 more Nokia phones get free Ovi Maps for life
- Globe Postpaid FAQs For My Rewards My Globe (4438)...
- Globe Prepaid Mechanics For My Rewards My Globe
- visit www.facebook.com/philtechnology
- visit http://ping.fm/8l4Jp
- Filipino internet users most engaged in social med...
- Apple: Multitasking coming to the iPhone
- My Rewards, My Globe
- Globe's 4438 Points Reward System
- Smart MyTV Service gets Suspended
- Fingerprint Bankless Transaction System
- Globe 4438 Secret Decoded
- ▼ April (33)