Employing shock therapy as a way to grab market share, Internet service provider SkyBroadband rolled out on Monday a broadband package that promises 5Mbps in lightning speed at P999 — but with a 15GB data allocation.
Joy Lantin, head for broadband marketing at SkyCable, explains the features of the 5-Mbps offering, which the company formally launched on Monday at the ELJ building in Quezon City.
Like the “unlimited” voice and texting promo that Gokongwei-owned Sun Cellular introduced years back that proved to be a game-changer in the mobile space, the new offering of SkyBroadband is expected to shake things up in the local broadband market due to two reasons: the fast speed at 5 Mbps for just P999 and the data cap of 15GB.
Rodrigo P. Montinola, head of marketing of SkyCable, said in a press briefing that the company had to balance the fast speed requirement of consumers with the technology limitation through data allocation.
However, Montinola said consumers have the option to avail of a “top-up” of P100 per 1GB. A similar 5 Mbps plan, but with a 35GB monthly data allocation, is also available for P1999.
At 15GB, the broadband provider said an Internet user can do any of the following activities at a given time: unlimited access to so
- PLDT: We?ll maintain Sun?s unli services
- End of unlimited calls, texts feared
- Fedora 15 vs. Ubuntu 11.04: The Battle for Linux D...
- Sun Cellular launches ?Mobile Pay? for business
- Globe ready to compete, fundamental strategy to co...
- PLDT to buy 51.55% of Digitel
- Mobile threats doubled in 2010, anti-virus firm sa...
- SkyCable tries to shake up local broadband mart wi...
- TNT Promo
- Smart Buddy Promo
- Analyst: Carriers need new approaches to make data...
- Globe Tattoo Buy 3, Get 1 FREE Promo
- Smart Bro UnliSURF 50
- ALLTXT TUNES 15
- SC allows e-summons for foreign firms without PH r...
- Text hoax on nuke radiation grips PH, dupes PUP he...
- E-commerce marketplace empowers ?netpreneurs?
- A day before Japan disaster, DOST calls for quake-...
- Prioritization of ICT-infused ?disaster science? p...
- Cybercrime in PH: A new breed of menace
- Smart to saturate countryside with P500 low-end ph...
- Customer Service in a Flash
- PLDT touts first mobile cloud solution
- Bill on free Wi-Fi in gov?t offices filed in Congr...
- SMART BRO'S BROADBANDEST BLOWOUT
- PC forecast lowered as iPad, other tablets redefin...
- Globe Unlimited text to ALL NETWORKS
- ▼ March (27)