A recent speed test conducted by an independent professional engineering service, NESIC, showed that Smart Bro got better results, over-all. See some of the findings of the tests below.
The tests were conducted from July 4 to 6, 2011 in 100 test locations nationwide.
The tool used to measure the data was Speedtest.net and the text server is located in San Francisco, USA (SF Monkey Brains server). Average speed test is taken from a sample of 5 tests.
Here’s the summary of the test done by NESIC:
- Smart is faster in 99 of the 100 test locations.
- 2.66Mbps highest peak speed for SmartBro (tested in Plantation Bay Resort)
- 1.23Mbps peak speed average for Smart Bro vs. 0.23Mbps of Globe Tattoo
- Average of 1Mbps faster in 47 of 100 locations.
- Average of 1.5Mbps faster in locations.
- Cebu has highest average speed difference of 1.38Mbps vs. Globe Tattoo
- Tondo, Manila has highest average speed difference of 2.29Mbps vs. Globe Tattoo.
Globe actually beat Smart Bro in only 1 of the 100 test locations (that’s at the Matutina Restaurant in Dagupan).
Smart’s network has been upgraded to HSPA+ as well with 3,116 base stations on HSPA 7.2Mbps and 154 base stations on HSPA+ 21Mbps.
It is interesting to note that NESIC was also used by Globe Telecom to do a similar test last year.
- Smart Bro Rocket Plug-It offers up to 12Mbps
- NESIC speed test shows Smart Bro bests Tattoo
- Google offers free SMS to Globe, Smart, Sun
- NTC issues circular putting minimum speed on broad...
- Filipino inventions that 'wowed' the world!
- Globe and Smart offers unlimited text to all netwo...
- Talk 'N Text Unlitext150
- Talk 'N Text Unlitxt 2All 20
- Talk 'N Text Katok15
- Talk 'N Text Katok10
- Smart LAHATxt Unli 25!
- Smart has an Unli Call & Text postpaid plan too
- Automated guideway transit prototype to be built i...
- Globe Telecom rolls out its biggest prepaid offer
- 1 in 3 consumers in PH access the Internet
- Albie's family welcomes DNA test
- More attacks on Philippine government websites pos...
- ▼ July (17)