True to its commitment to ignite a new kind of firebrand journalism that goes beyond traditional news reporting, News5 rises to the challenge of bringing comprehensive and up-to-the-minute news by launching a massive 360-degree convergence of various multimedia platforms to deliver relevant and real-time news updates to Filipinos all across the country and around the world.
As TV5’s News and Information organization, News5 breaks boundaries with its non-stop delivery of the latest news on free-to-air TV, on the much-accessible radio FM band, and on the globally available Internet. Barely a year since its launch, News5 has earned the status of being a credible news organization with a dynamic team of news anchors, reporters and correspondents who often gain first-hand access to late-breaking news and exclusive reports that benefit the viewing public.
News5’s launch of its multimedia news platforms presents a series of milestones in the industry. Another innovation to be introduced by News5 is the first-ever non-stop news and sports channel on free TV, AksyonTV UHF Channel 41 (Channel 29 in Davao and Cebu). The 24-hour news and sports channel gives Filipinos the privilege of continuously being updated on the latest national and international news and witnessing some of the most talked about sports events even without cable subscription.
Frontlined by a formidable lineup of veteran news personalities who are known pillars of the industry, AksyonTV will officially air this February 21. As its first big salvo, it brings the much-awaited battle of Fil-Am female boxer Ana Julaton, the WBO Super Bantamweight champion who will slug it out with the fiery Francesca Alcanter. Dubbed as ‘The Return of the Hurricane,’ the championship bout will be held at the Craneway Pavilion, Point Richmond, California and will air live on AksyonTV UHF Channel 41 on February 26. This and a lot more are in store as AksyonTV goes full blast in delivering non-stop news and sports coverages.
News5 also launches its InterAksyon website which will present real-time news writeups and video streaming of news reports for the benefit of Filipinos here and abroad who want to be updated on the latest happenings in the country. More importantly, InterAksyon’s tie-up with vital organizations such Metra (for the most technologically advanced weathercast) and the MMDA (for synchronized traffic updates) will make the website an essential instrument for the Filipinos’ everyday life.
- For Edsa rites, People Power monument becomes Wi-F...
- Mobile operators should fear Facebook threat ? ana...
- Sun Cellular unveils add-on postpaid plan for as l...
- NEWS5 LAUNCHES 360-DEGREE MULTIMEDIA PLATFORMS
- NTC circular orders telcos to notify mobile users ...
- wi-tribe, Skype bare partnership
- ALL IN 20
- SNN hurting telcos revenues
- Globe capitalizes on market opportunities for mobi...
- Data privacy bill hurdles second reading
- Smart unveils Netphone
- Koreans to build Aquatic City in Pangasinan
- Smart powers real-time updates of Azkals match
- Globe leads mobile data business with aggressive d...
- Nokia picks Windows platform, forms alliance with ...
- Bucket Pricing for Broadband gets a new twist
- Ayala to build P3-B BPO hub in UP Katipunan proper...
- New software translates any spoken language into s...
- Smart Bro expands suite of prepaid offers
- Globe touts first voice blogging service in PH
- Samsung expands Galaxy line with three more Androi...
- Smart launches next generation M2M communications ...
- Globe Surf and Text All You Want for P60/day
- Globe Telecom's Fair Use Policy for Broadband
- Globe PowerSurf15 Php15 for 60 minutes
- Globe PowerSurf15 Php15 for 60 minutes
- Update Smart per Minute Rate for Mobile 3G
- GMA Network launches GMA News TV on Channel 11
- The New Cybercrime Bills in the Philippines
- Smart 3Gfrom Php10/30mins to Php1/min
- Small telecom player sets rollout
- Telcos OK pre-paid SIM registration but ask how
- Google Android topples Nokia Symbian as top smartp...
- ▼ February (33)