Globe Telecom rolled out on Tuesday what it said is a pioneering technology that allows a subscriber to post voice updates using a mobile phone.
The Ayala-owned carrier said it partnered with Bubble Motion, a developer of consumer social communications services, to make the Globe Voice Blog available in the country.
Configured like a “voice-based Twitter”, the Globe Voice Blog allows social media fanatics to connect with each other, with a more personal twist, the company said.
Like making a call, voice bloggers dial **1 for free and start recording their status update.
The user can invite followers who will then be notified via SMS and will be prompted to click and listen to the recorded update.
To follow another voice blogger, a Globe subscriber can dial ** followed by the phone number of the person they want to follow.
Local celebrities and blogging personalities have already become voice bloggers themselves. Musicians such as Jim Paredes (**8812), Yeng Constantino (**8012) and Tutti Caringal (**8003) have launched their voice blogs on Globe.
Bloggers such as Anton Diaz of Our Awesome Planet (**8803), Carlos Celdran of Celdrantours (**8811) and Mae Paner of Juana Change (**8810) have also activated their voice blogs.
To follow their voice blogger, users can dial their respective user codes at P2.50 per minute. Once subscribed, the users will receive free notifications via text whenever new voice blog updates are available. Users may also listen to featured celebrity bloggers for free by dialing **3000.
The company said the Globe Voice Blog can be used to promote products and services, sharing expertise or experiences, informing unique groups or those who have common interests.
“We believe voice blogging will bring a new level of emotional energy to social media in the Philippines,” said Rina Azcuna-Siongco, head of value added services at Globe Telecom.
“The authenticity of voice coupled with the Twitter-like ability to follow friends, family and celebrities make Globe Voice Blog a perfect fit for our consumers.”
Thomas Clayton, president and CEO of Bubble Motion, added, “We are excited to bring this innovation to the Philippines, given the fanatical enthusiasm Filipinos have for embracing digital technology to socialize and build community. We are very optimistic about this partnership with Globe in building a strong following of voice bloggers.”
Currently enjoyed by over five million users in India, Japan and Indonesia, the voice blogging technology is seeing a huge potential in expanding presence in the Philippines, now referred to as Asia’s most socially-engaged country with over 20 million Facebook and Twitter users.
- For Edsa rites, People Power monument becomes Wi-F...
- Mobile operators should fear Facebook threat ? ana...
- Sun Cellular unveils add-on postpaid plan for as l...
- NEWS5 LAUNCHES 360-DEGREE MULTIMEDIA PLATFORMS
- NTC circular orders telcos to notify mobile users ...
- wi-tribe, Skype bare partnership
- ALL IN 20
- SNN hurting telcos revenues
- Globe capitalizes on market opportunities for mobi...
- Data privacy bill hurdles second reading
- Smart unveils Netphone
- Koreans to build Aquatic City in Pangasinan
- Smart powers real-time updates of Azkals match
- Globe leads mobile data business with aggressive d...
- Nokia picks Windows platform, forms alliance with ...
- Bucket Pricing for Broadband gets a new twist
- Ayala to build P3-B BPO hub in UP Katipunan proper...
- New software translates any spoken language into s...
- Smart Bro expands suite of prepaid offers
- Globe touts first voice blogging service in PH
- Samsung expands Galaxy line with three more Androi...
- Smart launches next generation M2M communications ...
- Globe Surf and Text All You Want for P60/day
- Globe Telecom's Fair Use Policy for Broadband
- Globe PowerSurf15 Php15 for 60 minutes
- Globe PowerSurf15 Php15 for 60 minutes
- Update Smart per Minute Rate for Mobile 3G
- GMA Network launches GMA News TV on Channel 11
- The New Cybercrime Bills in the Philippines
- Smart 3Gfrom Php10/30mins to Php1/min
- Small telecom player sets rollout
- Telcos OK pre-paid SIM registration but ask how
- Google Android topples Nokia Symbian as top smartp...
- ▼ February (33)